- Seen @scotyounggreens campaign to get @scotgov to review mental health provision in schools? Sign up here! https://t.co/NGjomDqPwV 04:20:01 AM November 09, 2017 from Buffer
- RT @CVSFalkirk: It's #LivingWageWeek! "Because a hard day's work deserves a fair day's pay." #livingwage https://t.co/dJjzA9SPdK 09:21:33 AM November 06, 2017 from Twitter for iPhone
- BRANCH MEMBERS: our next branch meeting is this coming Monday, 6th November in the evening! Check your email for more details! 01:26:15 PM November 04, 2017 from Buffer
- RT @scotgp: FM: Discussion paper on tax next week. Green proposals raise extra funds, cut inequality, protect low earners. https://t.co/pBw… 12:26:45 PM October 26, 2017 from Twitter for iPhone
- RT @onekindtweet: Thank you to all the MSPs who came out to support our #CCTVSlaughterhouse campaign today. There’s still time to sign our… 12:26:26 PM October 26, 2017 from Twitter for iPhone
- RT @scotgp: .@JohnFinnieHI has secured support from across Holyrood's five parties for his @EquallyProtect Member’s Bill. https://t.co/wygg… 12:25:22 PM October 26, 2017 from Twitter for iPhone
- RT @falkirk_herald: The majority (56%) of @FalkirkCouncil housing stock is now privately owned thanks to right to buy... Read more: https:/… 12:59:50 PM October 25, 2017 from Twitter for iPhone
- RT @falkirk_herald: Changes proposed to Falkirk's boundaries. What do you think of them? Read more: https://t.co/UDwIAHRscs https://t.co/8n… 12:59:45 PM October 25, 2017 from Twitter for iPhone
- RT @scotgp: Ahead of this afternoon's Holyrood debate on Brexit, @Ross_Greer urges UK Gov to give EU citizens certainty. https://t.co/TM7NS… 11:16:30 AM October 25, 2017 from Twitter for iPhone
- Join Clacks Greens & Patrick Harvie for a public meeting on 6th Nov, on where we can go now that fracking's banned: https://t.co/WFeOFifh1k 04:20:02 AM October 25, 2017 from Buffer
Sunday, July 26th, 2015
Welcome to the Denny and Banknock By-Election special, this week we are interviewing a person you will learn alot about over the next few weeks, allow us to introduce you to the Scottish Green Party Candidate in the current By-election, Brian Capaloff!
|Name: Brian Capaloff
Occupation: Service User Involvement Worker
Joined: September 2014
1. What attracted you to the Scottish Greens over other parties?
I’d had sympathy with so many of their policies for a long time, but the Referendum finally helped me make the decision. I no longer felt that the Labour Party represented my socialism. The Green Party does.
2. If you could choose one Scottish Greens policy that you respect the most, what one would it be and why?
The citizen’s income. Putting money towards people rather than banks would have such an amazingly positive impact on them, but also on the economy as a whole.
3. Falkirk Greens have received a lot of praise for our enthusiasm and commitment to making politics fun. What would you say the tagline of the branch should be?
Politics is important to us all. Join Falkirk Greens where we enjoy making a difference.
4. In three words can you describe your experience within the Scottish Greens?
An enlightening experience
5. If someone asked you why should they join the party what would you say to them?
Politics affects us all, but unlike most Falkirk Greens make involvement an enjoyable and enlightening experience, and its membership shows that politics can be fun while having a positive impact on communities and individuals.
6. And finally….what’s your favourite type of cake?
I was recently diagnosed as diabetic, and missing out on cake is a big hole, but if I could have a piece of any cake it would be a freshly made Victoria sponge made with fresh cream and topped with strawberries!!
Please remember if you are living in the Denny and Banknock area, please give Brian and the Scottish Green Party your vote to help bring change to the local council!